PAA invites all psychologists, provisional psychologists & student members to submit a poster for PAA Poster Presentation event. Following last year’s presentation event, the 2021 poster presentation even will taker place on the PAA YouTube, and the PAA best poster award voting will go on for two weeks following the opening of the poster event on 10 September 2021.
This year we are planning an innovative knowledge transfer presentation of the selected poster presentations and the annual poster presentation award.
Friday 10 September 2021 will be the day that this event will be launched as follows:
- PAA will host annual meetings
- The PAA posters then go live online (PAA YouTube channel)
- The poster award contest will take place over the next two weeks
Please complete and submit this form and your poster presentation, & required additional materials by email to Ada [email protected]
Poster Presentation Requirements
Compile max 5 presentation slides that represent your poster
- One of the slides MUST be the entire poster (can be the only slide)
Record max 5-minute-long presentation that will accompany or overlay the slides
- If you want to talk to each slide specifically submit a video of the recording in Mp4 format
- If you submit a separate presentation and voice recording, they will be set to overlap by PAA staff members in the format of 1 minute of speech per 1 slide.
Examples — https://ohpsych.org/page/PODcastPosters (click each to see the YouTube)
Required Additional Materials
- Photo of Primary Poster Author(s)
- Biography of Primary Poster Author(s) – max 100 words
- <30 seconds recorded “engagement video” suggesting what participants will learn from your poster. Maximum 10 words. For example, “what treatments do you think works best for ADHD?”
Posters will be judged in an online election of members over a 2-week period based on the following criteria:
- The majority of the work and thought has been completed by psychologists, provisional psychologist, or student.
- The poster demonstrates work that is recognized as a notable contribution to the profession of psychology.
- The poster will be evaluated for both the content (i.e., originality, focus, relevance to the profession of psychology, etc.) as well as for the design qualities of the poster (i.e., readability, appeal, graphics, etc.).
There is a $250.00 award for the 2020 PAA Best Poster Presentation. The psychologists, provisional psychologist, or student who is the primary author of the poster will receive the monetary award, however, this award can be shared by multiple psychologists, provisional psychologist, or students, in title.