Registered Psychologist for Assessment Services
Part-Time Contractor Position
Insight Solutions Psychology, Inc. is a thriving private practice located in Lake Bonavista in Calgary, Alberta.
Our mission at Insight Solutions Psychology Inc. is to facilitate skill development and well-being in people of all ages and families with a variety of issues, and from different backgrounds. We respect diversity and understand that every person is unique and has specific needs. In order to empower our clients, we offer specialized assessment and counselling using evidence-based and client-centered approaches.
We are seeking a registered psychologist with experience in the completion of assessments in the areas of learning disabilities, ADHD, giftedness, autism spectrum disorder, intellectual disabilities, social-emotional and behavioral difficulties, and mental health challenges. Services are provided to all ages. Duties include supervision of provisional psychologists in the area of ASD and psycho-educational assessments. Applicants must have all materials required for your assessments. Immediate start date.
- Registration with the College of Alberta Psychologists (CAP) as a Registered Psychologist in good standing.
- Proficiency in psychological assessment (cognitive, academic and social-emotional/behavioral).
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Independent, organized, detail-oriented, conscientious and able to function as an independent contractor and collaboratively within a small team.
- Maintenance of your own bookkeeping, taxes, and tracking of client sessions for invoices.
- Responsive client care with minimal wait times.
- Maintenance of yearly liability insurance and registration requirements, including continuing education.
- Up-to-date record keeping and compliance with agency standards for communication and billing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct psycho-educational assessments (including test administration, scoring and norming of tests, test interpretation, report-writing, and debriefing with clients) in a competent and efficient fashion. Reports should be in keeping with the standards and quality of our team’s psycho-educational assessment reports.
- Base practices on established policies and procedures, including professional standards and ethics.
- Respond to feedback regarding completion of work (e.g., written reports, debrief meetings) to ensure keeping with our team’s protocols. This will include consultation (either in person or through scheduled phone calls or email summaries) on each case prior to debriefing with parents/clients.
We are offering the right candidate:
- Fully designed, and furnished office space
- Administrative support (all booking and billing)
- A collaborative, supportive, and fun work environment
- Client referrals
- Marketing, including through our website
- Online practice management software (Jane)
- Case consultation
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive % split for compensation (70/30)
- Beautiful and serene office space in a home-like clinic for in-person sessions
- Reception and waiting room
- Space to offer group sessions, if desired
- Opportunity to grow your specializations and areas of interest
- A safe, respectful, and inclusive environment
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (including the names of three references) to Cathy Fielden, Psychologist, Insight Solutions Psychology (email@example.com)