The Saskatchewan Health Authority (SHA) is the largest organization in Saskatchewan, with a budget of over $4.6 billion, and approximately 45,000 staff. Together, they are responsible for the delivery of safe, high-quality health care for the entire province. The SHA infrastructure and services consist of, but are not inclusive of:
- 64 hospitals with 2,500 acute care patient beds
- Approximately 9,000 long-term care beds
- Provincially coordinated quality, patient-centred care services, such as acute hospital-based care, long-term care, mental health and addiction services, primary health care, public health, and many other community-based clinical programs designed to promote and maintain the health of the population.
The Saskatchewan Health Authority is currently seeking a permanent full-time Chief Psychologist & Director, Forensic Services for Saskatchewan Hospital, located in North Battleford, Saskatchewan www.cityofnb.ca.
The Chief Psychologist & Director, Forensic Services (Director) is a key leader in Saskatchewan health care, partnering with system leaders to achieve our province’s healthcare goals. Reporting to the Executive Director Primary Health Care NWS, the Director is responsible for contributing to the development and achievement of strategy by articulating gaps and needs. The Director supports strategy through the development and execution of operational and business plans, including cascading, monitoring, reporting, and course correction of same. The Director demonstrates strong leadership to enable an innovative and positive working climate and a client-centric culture. The Director must work cross-functionally within the portfolio and across the organization to support operations. The Director will develop partnerships and work closely with system and community partners.
Operating in a complex and dynamic healthcare environment, the Chief Psychologist & Director, Forensic Services will have specific accountabilities which are aligned to that of the Executive Director Primary Health Care NWS, to support the achievement of the portfolio’s functions, responsibilities and accountabilities.
As a key leader, you are accountable for the following:
- Providing leadership, direction and implementation, including development, execution, monitoring and reporting, of operational plans that align to the strategic plan and health authority priorities and directives,
- Building and maintaining effective relationships and partnerships,
- Developing and demonstrating leadership capabilities and commitment to the culture of patient-first and continuous learning.
- A recognized Doctorate in Psychology.
- Licensed and in good standing with professional association and/or regulatory body, if applicable.
- 3-5 years experience in the provision of psychology services.
- Experience, at an operational level, as a leader who has developed and led innovative planning and programs in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
- 3-5 years in a leadership position with progressive advancement.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of legislation and applicable laws.
- Knowledge of the healthcare system in Saskatchewan.
- Has demonstrated ability to coach and develop others.
- Has demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has demonstrated strong critical thinking, financial and analytical skills.
- Identifies, reviews, and revises forensic policies and procedures.
- Exemplifies ethical practices, professionalism and personal integrity.
- Promotes innovation, guides change and is committed to continuous improvement.
- Has a proven ability to collaborate and partner with a wide variety of stakeholders, including community, to balance the needs and interests of these diverse groups while maintaining alignment with strategic priorities.
- Demonstrates commitment to a diverse, culturally competent and culturally safe health system and representative workforce.
- Demonstrates and is recognized for strategic and operational leadership that includes articulation of mission, vision and strategy and charts a path forward.
- Mobilizes people, inspires and leads by example, looks for way to continuously improve work environment.
- Is committed to delivering on patient and family-centred care.
- Is committed to quality, safety and continuous improvement striving towards zero harm.
For more detail about the role visit: https://leadersinternational.com/saskatchewan-health-authority-chief-psychologist-director-forensic-services/
Express Your Enthusiasm
Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our operations. We invite candidates to contact us directly with any accommodation requests.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume (PDF or Word document only) to Wendy Romanko or Jessica Park or Anurag Shourie at email@example.com, indicating the job title in the subject line of the email.
Leaders International Executive Search www.leadersinternational.com