Pacekids Programs is a charitable organization that empowers children with diverse needs and their families through excellence in therapy, education, and play. From as young as six months of age, Pacekids is there to support children with diverse needs and their families in the home, in the community and in the classroom. Pacekids offers a dynamic, active environment, specializing in therapeutic learning, supporting each child’s unique developmental and physical needs.
If you are passionate about helping children with diverse needs and their families thrive, then Pacekids Programs is the organization for you!
Pacekids offers the challenge and reward of working in an integrated, child and family focused environment – a setting that recognizes and appreciates your contribution and gives you the deep satisfaction of making a real difference.
We are looking to hire 2 full-time (37.5 hours/week) Psychologists, Provisional or Registered, to work within our Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD) Programs. Based out of the north Pacekids’ location (808 55 Ave NE Calgary, AB), this role will split their time between the north office, their home office, and family home visits. These are both permanent positions that require availability on weekdays and weeknight evenings until 6:00pm. We are looking to fill these positions as soon as possible.
In this clinical/counselling-based position, the successful candidates will work on an interdisciplinary team and will be responsible for the planning and implementation of behaviour-related programming in the home that meets the unique needs of the children and families with whom they work, while collaborating with others on the child’s/family’s team.
As a key member of the FSCD team, the Psychologist exemplifies Pacekids’ values of collaboration, learning, respect, integrity and accountability, and shares the Pacekids’ vision and mission. This role works collaboratively with members of the FSCD and clinical teams. Diplomacy, tact, discretion, and conflict resolution skills are necessary as this position has access to highly sensitive and confidential information. The impact of decisions made by this position will affect the FSCD program, including staff members, children and families.
Include but are not limited to:
- Coaching and consulting with families via Zoom, on-site, and in-home, providing appropriate strategies, interventions, and recommendations for a child’s in-home/community focused programming
- Developing functional, multidisciplinary Service Provider Program Plan (SPPP) goals and Individual Service Plans (ISP) that promote child development and parent education and empowerment
- Monitoring and updating program plans and participating in meetings with the interdisciplinary team and families
- Collaborating with families and interdisciplinary team members to target goals in a variety of settings
- Modifying strategies accordingly to meet the varied needs of the children, families, and other members of the clinical team
- Providing session summary reports and maintaining documentation to meet both the standards of the professional college and Pacekids’ practices
- Working collaboratively as part of the Pacekids’ Psych/Behaviour team, following agreed to professional practices and procedures
- Providing education and training to Pacekids’ staff
- Ensuring all hour tracking, documentation, and filing is appropriately completed
- Documenting and adhering to any existing and new policies and procedures to ensure continuity throughout Pacekids Programs
- Maintaining and managing a caseload
- Working with the team to address any concerns and improve processes and procedures
- Commitment to the values outlined by Pacekids – working to create a positive and respectful workplace culture
What You Bring
Core competencies and qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Psychology or a related field, completed or in the process of completing all requirements for registration as a Registered Psychologist with the College of Alberta Psychologists and clinical experience working with children, adolescents, and families (Note: Pacekids does not provide a Supervisor for Provisional hours, however we provide an allowance for hiring a Supervisor as part of your compensation package)
- Experience working with preschool and school-aged children with special needs, including experience working with children with Autism
- Current Alberta driver’s license
- Access to a full-time personal vehicle and willingness to drive to various parts of the city of Calgary (the successful candidate will be compensated for mileage)
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with an emphasis on self-initiative, patience, maturity, and tact
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and liaise with families and other professionals in fostering a team atmosphere
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with clients, families, and staff
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Flexibility is essential given the variety of children’s abilities, family needs, and conditions
- Availability on weekdays and weeknight evenings until 6:00pm
- Clearance from a Criminal Record check, including a Vulnerable Sector check, current within the last six months; can be obtained upon hire within a designated time frame
- Clearance from a Child Intervention Record Check, current within the last year; can be obtained upon hire within a designated time frame
What We Offer
We are proud to offer a package that aligns with our values:
- A fun, supportive and energetic team
- An environment that encourages feedback and growth
- An attractive compensation package that includes generous vacation, sick, and personal time entitlements as well as RRSP matching
- A genuine understanding of work and life demands, offering options to help balance personal and work life
- Support for professional development including extensive in-house learning and development programs and PD funds
- The opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the lives of children and families
Those interested are invited to apply at: https://can63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/pacekids/Posting/View/723
Pacekids Programs is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate a diverse workforce and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the grounds of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religious beliefs, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical disability, mental disability, marital status, family status, source of income, or sexual orientation.
If you require accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the hiring process, please direct your inquiries to Pacekids’ Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org.