NOW HIRING: Contract Therapist
(Registered Psychologist / Registered Clinical Social Worker / Registered Provisional Psychologist / Registered Social Worker )
Opportunity to work with us
Saffron Centre in Sherwood offers a challenging opportunity for a compassionate and skilled trauma-informed therapist to join our counselling team. We might be the right agency for you if you are passionate about providing high quality and client-centered counselling for the people we serve.
Who are we?
Saffron Centre is a non-profit charitable organization offering counselling services to survivors of sexual trauma and those who are supporting them. Our services include Counselling, Police & Court Support and Public Education. In the Counselling Department, our team is comprised of Registered Psychologists, Provisional Psychologists, Registered Social Workers, Canadian Certified Counsellors, Interns, Clinical Facilitators and Trauma Coaches. We provide clients with opportunities for psychoeducation, stabilization, skill development, trauma-focused processing, and post-traumatic growth through individual or group counselling options, both in person and virtually.
This contract therapist position offers the flexibility of days, evenings and Saturdays; we are asking for a commitment of 5 – 37.5 hours per week.
Benefits of Working at Saffron
- Our therapy, public education, police & court support, and administrative teams are unified in treating clients and each other with kindness, respect, integrity, and responsibility, in an environment mindful of privilege, micro-aggression, and valuing holistic services.
- We value – and share! – a sense of camaraderie; we don’t just work beside each other, but as respected colleagues and resources for each other. The counselling team meets monthly to share skills and ideas; and collaboration between therapists is encouraged.
- We have excellent administrative support and access to electronic records through Owl Practice.
- Our offices are nicely furnished and well-equipped.
- You may be eligible for professional development funding.
- You may be eligible for enrollment in the Group Benefit Plan that includes dental, prescription coverage, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage (if working 20+ hours weekly).
- Opportunities for FUN are infused in our work culture including workshops, fundraisers, team building, potlucks, and parties.
- This is a contract position. You will be paid a flat clinical rate for client facing hours and a flat admin rate for billable admin hours. This is an opportunity to create a stable income while also being able to offer clients a generous sliding fee.
Primary Duties of the Contract Therapist:
- Meet with clients (age 4+) regularly to provide individual therapy, using a variety of modalities such as in-person, video or phone sessions. Provide crisis intervention or referrals to other crisis intervention resources as appropriate. Co-facilitate group counselling as needed.
- Create individualized treatment plans according to client needs, conduct ongoing assessments of client progress, and involve family members when appropriate.
- Complete 3rd Party billable reports as required (i.e. reports for Children’s Services, insurance companies or requests from client’s lawyers).
- Coordinate on a regular basis with our Intake team to maintain a healthy, active caseload.
- Provide support and mentoring to volunteers and/or practicum students when required.
- Attend individual supervision and departmental case consultation as needed.
- Remain aware of current literature regarding the treatment of sexual trauma and maintain competency in providing therapy to this population.
- Provide availability for sessions based on agency and client needs. Work schedule will include a combination of days, and evenings or weekends.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Must be registered as a member in good standing with CAP or ACSW (minimum of a master’s degree).
- Preference will be given to Registered Psychologist or Clinical Social Worker.
- Registration as a Mental Health provider with First Nations and Inuit Health preferred.
- Experience counselling children, adolescents, and adults.
- Competency in culturally safe assessment and therapeutic interventions when working with clients impacted by sexual trauma.
- Training and experience using mind-body therapies and/or exposure therapies are an asset to this position (e.g. EMDR, Somatic Experiencing, Prolonged Exposure, mindfulness, MBSR, SRT).
- Familiarization with ethical codes – Canadian Code of Ethics for Psychologists, and when applicable, the ethical code of their governing body when different than CPA (i.e. CCPA, CASW).
- Familiarization with applicable legislation (i.e. Health Professions Act, Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act, Family Law Act, Divorce Act, PIPA, etc).
- Must have a passion for providing accessible, quality, trauma-informed counselling in an environment of diversity and inclusion.
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record check, Children’s Services Intervention Record check, and professional liability insurance.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please submit a cover letter and resume/CV to Debbie Fillion, Counselling Program Director, [email protected].