At Kindred, we’re convinced the key to living well is healthy relationships with self, family, and others. But relationships are complicated and sometimes we find ourselves in vulnerable places, disconnected from those who matter most.
Kindred’s purpose is to realize the power of human connection, and it shapes everything we do. Whether biological or chosen, family is the most important relationship in a person’s life. So, we invest in the special bond between children and those that care for them. We provide road maps toward healing when essential relationships are ruptured. And we understand that accessing timely mental health support can inspire confidence with self and others. Healthy human connection is possible, and together we can realize it.
Job Title: Counselling Internship (2 positions)
Job Type: 1-Year Contract, Full-Time, Start Date TBD
Hybrid Work Option Available
Kindred Connections Society has an opening for a Provisional Psychologist Internship. This opportunity provides experience in counselling in a variety of modalities in our sector-leading single-session service – the Rapid Access Counselling program. With other chances for ongoing work supporting clients who are referred for counselling internally, this role provides a variety of learning opportunities. Our dynamic and engaged team is ready to welcome a new intern who is passionate about affordable and impactful counselling services. This role will appeal to a registered provisional psychologist wishing to complete their 1600- hour requirement of supervised practice to become a Registered Psychologist with the College of Alberta Psychologists. This position includes a stipend.
• Must be eligible to register as a Provisional Psychologist with the College of Alberta Psychologists; Preference is given to those with academic credentials approved;
• Have a demonstrated ability to engage in a generalist practice with a range of client demographics and present concerns with individuals, couples and families;
• Expectation of flexibility with hours to meet client needs; some evening work required, must be available to work one evening a week between Tuesday and Thursday;
• Ability to work independently on-site, as well as virtually;
• Single session experience is an asset;
• Takes a posture of Cultural humility in working with diverse populations; experience with Indigenous and/or immigrant families is an asset;
• Core Brain Story Certification through Alberta Family Wellness Initiative is an asset;
• Valid driver’s license, clean driver’s abstract and use of a vehicle with appropriate insurance.
Qualities and Characteristics
• Embodies Kindred’s purpose (connection!) as demonstrated by prioritizing, embracing, and thriving in the work through strong relationships internally and externally;
• Strong personal alignment with the Kindred values: compassion, courage, family, excellence, and humility.
How to Apply:
The application will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for your interest in this position. Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Behnam Kohandel, Family Mental Health and Social Inclusion Division at email@example.com with “Counselling Internship” in the subject line
Successful applicants for this Position must complete Police Information Check
and Alberta Intervention Record Check
The need for human connection is universal. At Kindred, we believe that everyone deserves to experience belonging regardless of where you come from, who you love, how much money you have or how you choose to pray. By embracing diversity of culture, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and thought, Kindred is committed to ensuring there is space for you. Kindred approaches its diversity, equity, and inclusion journey with curiosity and humility. We commit to creating a safe and inclusive environment for our staff, clients and anyone we have the privilege of being in connection with.