McAtee Psychology is a client-centered psychology practice that provides high quality psychological services that are designed to help individuals and their families move towards a more rich, connected, and meaningful life. We are a growing practice of professionals who provide both counselling and assessment services to adults and children/teens.
We provide specialized services for both neurotypical and neurodivergent children, teens, and adults. We are located in Douglas Glen, in a newly renovated office designed specifically for our clients’ unique needs.
We are seeking one contracted provisional or registered psychologist or registered social worker to provide a combination of the following services: individual counselling to teens and adults; parent consultation and counselling; and/or EMDR or ART for trauma.
Applicants must be able to work some afternoons, evenings and/or alternating weekends. Option for part-time or full-time.
- Applicants must have a Master’s Degree or higher in Psychology, Education, Social Work, Child Development or Neuroscience
- Active registration or provisional registration with the College of Alberta Psychologists or Social Workers
- Preference for registered social workers who have completed the training to be considered a clinical social worker
- Maintenance of individual professional liability insurance required
- Professional; team-oriented; adaptive to team environment; hard-working
- Provisional psychologists must possess their own supervisor/be able to obtain their own supervision
- At minimum, three years of experience working with teens (12 years – 18 years) and/or adults (18 and older) in a therapeutic environment
- At minimum, two years of experience providing therapeutic services to individuals who are neurodivergent (Autism, FASD, Psychoeducational, ADHD, Learning Disabilities, etc.)
Experience with the following will be an asset:
- Familiarity with online technology such as Jane App, Google Resources (e.g., Google Meet, Chat)
- Experience performing all administrative components of counselling therapy and/or assessment (intake, record taking, billing, scheduling)
- Experience in the following modalities: psychological and psychoeducational assessment, sand-tray therapy, play-therapy, play-based therapy, IFS, and EMDR/ART therapy
Your responsibilities may include:
- Attending monthly team meetings
- Providing counselling therapy and consultation services during designated hours
- Ongoing professional development, on top of current research and methodologies
- Participation in social media in order to promote yourself and the company brand
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Team-based work environment
- Clinic manager and admin support to manage caseload
- Convenient online booking system
- Marketing to help you generate clients
- Advertising in the following: Psychology Today, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Website, SunLife
- Referrals of clients within your areas of expertise
- Direct Billing for your clients
- Specialized consultation/training for working with families/children/teens