Part-time, 4–15 hours per week
Under the direction of the Dean of Students, and led by the Coordinator of Wellness and Counselling Services/Lead Psychologist regarding professional practice and therapeutic work, the part-time Counselling Psychologist provides current students with short-term counselling, group counselling, and referrals to community supports (e.g., medical, psychiatry, and counselling). The Counselling Psychologist may also at times cooperate with mental health outreach, preventative action, in-service training and assistance for crisis response, and consultation services to students and other members of university community.
- Provide short-term counselling to individuals and groups, including crisis intervention, counselling, referrals, resources, and follow-up. Maintain regular counselling hours and appointments.
- Maintain detailed and confidential records regarding counselling sessions, interventions, and referrals following King’s counselling team practices and CAP guidelines.
- When possible, use available time to stay up to date on community resources.
- Complete training(s) as requested/required to maintain best practice.
- Attend monthly case consultation meetings with the counselling team.
- When asked, offer general support and consultation with faculty and staff as appropriate, and with student consent when needed, to facilitate student success both in and out of the classroom.
- Other duties as assigned by Dean of Students and/or Coordinator of Wellness and Counselling Services/Lead Psychologist.
- Master’s degree in counselling psychology or related field required.
- Current registration with the College of Alberta Psychologists preferred. Provisional registration considered.
- Up to date professional liability insurance as recommended by CAP.
- A knowledge of Jane App platform is considered an asset.
Term: Contract position serving 4-15 hours a week September through April pending agreed upon Counselling Team schedule.
Start Date: September 2023
A condition of employment is assent to the University’s Christian Statement of Faith found at: https://www.kingsu.ca/about-us/careers
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Apply by submitting a resume and cover letter through our online portal at kingsu.ca/about-us/careers.
The King’s University
9125-50 Street, Edmonton, Alberta