Little Warriors is a national charitable organization focused on the awareness, advocacy, prevention and treatment of child sexual abuse.
Little Warriors is offering an exciting new position for a Registered Psychologist or Registered Clinical Social Worker (MSW) at our Be Brave Ranch. The Ranch offers a trauma-informed, clinically proven program combining evidence-based and other therapies for children ages 8-12 and teen girls 13-16 years of age from across Canada.
This position reports to the Clinical Director and works collaboratively with the Clinical Team.
The position is part of a multidisciplinary team working with sexually abused children and youth at the Be Brave Ranch. Clinical presentations may include developmental trauma, depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, anger, family system issues, and low self-esteem. Using individual and group therapy in a range of clinical modalities, this position will work to promote optimum mental and emotional health in a holistic and facilitative way. This position will provide leadership and guidance to ensure quality programming and care for children and youth.
- Participate collaboratively in a trauma-informed, culturally sensitive, gender informed, intensive treatment program.
- Oversee the gathering of all information and documentation required for intake and admission day process.
- Assist the Clinical Director to ensure all clinical as well as scientific research data is ethically gathered
- Perform professional clinical and standard psychometric assessments as needed
- Ensure that clinical outcome evaluation tools are used and all required program/organization evaluations are completed in a timely manner.
- Assess clients for risk of suicide and other forms of self/other harm daily.
- Respond to emergency situations which may include suicide or self-harm or harm to others.
- Provide a psychological assessment/case conceptualization for each client and present to multi-disciplinary team.
- Establish a collaborative relationship with the children and youth, staff, parents/guardians and secure a safe therapeutic environment.
- Plan and provide evidence based clinical interventions (individual, family dyad, group, and/or family interventions).
- Create individualized therapeutic goals with each individual client and maintain a Care Plan within the timelines directed by the Be Brave Ranch.
- Comfort in conducting individual and group evidence based therapies.
- Prepare reports and maintain and update each client’s file.
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to the client’s treatment.
- Monitor each client’s use of medications.
- Participate in case conferences on each client’s behalf and liaise with community therapists, attorneys, school staff, and other professionals.
- Collaborate and consult with other staff regarding the client’s recreation activities.
- Develop and execute therapeutic specific themed program days.
- Gather and provide information on appropriate community resources for parents/guardians to maintain continuity of care.
- Ensure appropriate referrals are made for clients to community resources as necessary.
- Attend Little Warriors community events, as requested by Clinical Director.
- Maintain ongoing personal and professional development.
- Complete administrative tasks which may include filing, record completion and data collection when requested.
- Support staff in compassions fatigue support on weekly basis; ensure program is running efficiently and staff wellness is monitored.
- Evaluate therapeutic outcomes.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree is required.
- Registered with good standing in association of respective field and must be able to provide Psychosocial Interventions.
- 5+ years related experience in counselling/therapeutic role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess initiative, creativity and strong skills in problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making.
- Must understand and have experience working with developmental trauma.
- Must be trauma-informed, self-reflective and a positive clinical team member.
- Experience with research is considered an asset.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on Little Warriors, visit our website at www.littlewarriors.ca.