Hiring: Psychologist in Sherwood Park
- Are you newly graduated, registered with CAP, and looking to build your caseload at a private practice?
- Are you an experienced psychologist and looking for a change in environment or adding to your current caseload?
Onyx Counselling and Psychotherapy in Sherwood Park has an opening for an experienced and qualified Registered Provisional Psychologist or Registered Psychologist to join our supportive and collaborative team as an independent contractor.
This position is part-time (8-12 hours per week) to start, with opportunities to grow into full-time (18+ hours per week). We would require a commitment of 2 full days minimum to start.
At Onyx, we embody the philosophy of “it takes a village” for our clients and our therapeutic community, and we are looking for therapists who have similar values and can easily fit with the culture at our practice. We support our therapists to thrive at our clinic and to grow a successful and enriching practice with us.
We are looking for psychologists who are trained, experienced, and can provide ethical, competent, consistent, and compassionate counselling services to one or more of the following client populations:
The ideal candidate would have training and experience working with concerns like trauma, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, grief, postpartum/perinatal health, and other.
This position would be part-time to start, with the option of building a full-time case load. We would require a minimum of 2 days or 8 hours per week to start.
Daytime shifts are available; However, flexibility is an asset as some evenings or weekend shifts may be required depending on client demand.
Therapists will provide services in-person and virtually at our Sherwood Park location.
There is a great deal of flexibility and autonomy with this position.
Our office will provide:
- A steady stream of client referrals
- Consistent exposure on social media and internet marketing
- Administrative support for intake, calls, emails, booking, billing, and client communications
- Competitive compensation
- Professional growth and income opportunities
- A supportive clinical environment
- Beautifully decorated and inviting therapeutic offices for the comfort of clients and therapists
- Access to in-house computer, phone, and email
- Electronic health record platform plus training on how to use Jane
- Peer to peer consultations
- Team building and self-care activities
- Free parking
- Shared community space
- Access to kitchen facilities including tea, coffee, water, cold drinks, and light snacks
- Basic office supplies
*Candidates who do not meet these requirements will not be considered. Please read the requirements before applying.
- Master’s degree or higher in counselling psychology or related field
- Registration in good standing with the College of Alberta Psychologists (CAP)
- Current professional liability insurance – Minimum of $3M
- Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Experience and professional training in the areas identified above would be considered an asset
- Evening or weekend availability dependent on client demand
- External supervision in place
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, and listening skills
- Ability to build rapport quickly and easily
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks
- Computer skills
- Ability to work well and participate in a professional team environment
- Flexibility and growth mindset
- Ability to provide compassionate and client-centered care to clients
Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your credentials, experience, and interests to email@example.com