We are seeking an engaged and enthusiastic Behavioural Health Consultant to join our multi-disciplinary healthcare team. The incumbent will deliver a broad range of services to a diverse population. Our teams are essential to the provision of community-based care (i.e., outside of AHS facilities), facilitating wellness, navigating the health system, and offering education and guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initial assessment on patients referred by PCN physicians and other team members to identify health concerns, current risk, and readiness for behaviour change.
- Utilize behavior modification strategies to assist patients with goal setting.
- Employ health promotion and health education strategies to support health behaviour change.
- Prepare and present individualized lifestyle education to clients and families.
- Develop and deliver group psychoeducation classes.
- Coordinate services and care with patients including facilitating referrals to appropriate service providers and social supports.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives, standards of practice working groups and PCN committees
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychiatric Nursing, Nursing, or other related profession.
- Active registration with an appropriate professional college or association that is recognized by the Alberta Health Professions Act.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work in an unstructured and dynamic environment that requires flexibility and collaboration with other health professionals.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail is essential.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license.