Family Therapist and Groups Facilitator
(Part-Time: 12-15 hrs/week)
At the Stop Abuse in Families (SAiF) Society, our mission is to end domestic violence and abuse, fostering safe and healthy relationships through support, education, and advocacy. We are committed to providing trauma-informed care and empowering survivors, their children, and those impacted by abuse to heal and reclaim their lives.
Join our wonderful team! At SAiF, we recognize that positive workplace culture plays an essential role in staff experiences and satisfaction. The SAiF society is committed to fostering a supportive, open and inclusive work environment. Work with a small multidisciplinary team with regular opportunities for consultation and weekly clinical supervision/case conferencing. We provide the opportunity for provisional psychologists to receive no cost, in-house clinical supervision as part of their employment.
The Family Therapist and Groups Facilitator is a part-time position. While this position is subject to review as it is grant funded, the SAiF society has an extensive track record of successfully funding ongoing positions. Hours are mostly late afternoons, evenings, and the occasional weekend to best meet the needs of clients, as well as to attend regular case conferencing and clinical supervision. This role offers an hourly rate of $40-45/hr for therapy and group facilitation and does not currently include a benefits package.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the SAiF Family Counselling and Groups Facilitator will:
• Provide assessment, treatment planning, therapeutic interventions and case management for
families (caregivers with at least one child).
• Develop curriculum, coordinate and facilitate psychoeducational and support groups for adults
and youth as directed and approved by the Clinical Supervisor.
• Complete intakes, conduct site supervision of other facilitators, and collaborate in providing
group therapy to caregivers and their children who have witnessed and/or experienced family
violence through the New Directions program.
• Attend and participate in case conferences, clinical supervision, and staff meetings as required.
• Maintain documentation on client files according to ethical codes and clinical standards of
practice for the Alberta professional regulatory body with which you are registered (or provisionally registered).
• Develop and/or enhance relationships with the City of St. Albert, Sturgeon County, Parkland
County, and other rural and municipal community partners within the sector.
• Other duties as required as part of being a member of the SAiF team.
• A minimum of a master’s degree in counselling/clinical psychology, clinical social work, and/or similar human services degree eligible to provide psychotherapy, assessment, diagnosis, and research of psychosocial health related to problems of interpersonal abuse.
• Be registered or eligible and in process of registration with a professional regulatory body
in Alberta (such as College of Alberta Psychologists or Alberta College of Social Workers).
• Knowledgeable about family/interpersonal violence, gender issues, human rights issues, and violence prevention.
Essential and Preferred Skills:
- Ability to develop rapport, case conceptualize and motivate clients towards change.
- Experience working therapeutically with adults, children, youth, and families
- High degree of proficiency in both oral and written communication
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in group facilitation, teaching and/or curriculum design is considered an asset.
- Computer literacy, specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, and digital clinical record programs.
- Be self-motivated, have a strong attention to detail when required, and can multi-task and prioritize your own workload.
- Demonstrate leadership as needed and be able to work collaboratively on a multi-disciplinary team.
• Valid driver’s license and own vehicle required.
• Criminal and Vulnerable Sector Checks required.
• Proof of professional registration.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume outlining your clinical qualifications to our Executive Director, Mark Dixon via email email@example.com. We appreciate all applicants taking the time to apply however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.