SAiF Counsellor (Part-Time: 12-14 hrs/week)
At the Stop Abuse in Families (SAiF) Society, our mission is to end domestic violence and abuse, fostering safe and healthy relationships through support, education, and advocacy. We are committed to providing trauma-informed care and empowering survivors, their children, and those impacted by abuse to heal and reclaim their lives.
Join our wonderful team! At SAiF, we recognize that positive workplace culture plays an essential role in staff experiences and satisfaction. The SAiF society is committed to fostering a supportive, open, and inclusive work environment. Work with a small multidisciplinary team with regular opportunities for consultation and weekly clinical supervision/case conferencing. We provide the opportunity for provisional psychologists to receive no cost, in-house clinical supervision as part of their employment.
This is a part-time position (12-14 hours/week). Hours are mostly afternoons, evenings and the occasional weekend, in order to best meet the needs of clients, as well as regular case conferencing and clinical supervision. This role offers an hourly rate of $40-45/hour for counselling and group facilitation and does not include a benefits package at this time. We offer a friendly, dedicated, and passionate work environment and we’re looking for someone who will fit with our culture and team.
- Provide general assessment, treatment planning, short-term counselling interventions and case management for primarily adult clients impacted by family violence and abuse.
- Could also include clients that are children, youth or families;
- Develop curriculum, coordinate and facilitate psycho-education and support groups for adults as directed and approved by the Clinical Supervisor;
- Complete intakes, phone and email consults, and collaborate in providing group counselling to adults who have witnessed and/or experienced domestic violence;
- Attend and participate in case conferences, clinical supervision, and staff meetings as required; • Maintain documentation on client files according to ethical codes and clinical standards of practice for the Alberta professional regulatory body with which you are registered;
- Develop and/or enhance relationships with City of St. Albert, Sturgeon County, Parkland County, and other rural and municipal community partners within the sector;
- Other duties as required as part of being a member of SAiF’s team.
Minimum required qualifications:
- Masters level degree in counselling or social work with clinical focus (e.g., MC, MSc, MEd, MSW, etc.), and either in the process of registration, or fully registered with, a professional designation such as CCC, Registered Psychologist, RSW;
- Awareness of gender issues, human rights issues, violence prevention, etc.;
- Experience in public speaking and/or teaching and/or curriculum design is considered an asset.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- The ability to develop rapport, leverage case conceptualization, and motivate clients towards change.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, anti-oppression principles and practices with experience in trauma-informed and client-centred counselling;
- A high degree of proficiency in both oral and written English communication.
- Computer literacy, specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, and digital clinical record programs.
- A strong attention to detail, able to multi-task, and prioritize their own workload.
- The ability to work collaboratively on a multi-disciplinary team and demonstrate leadership when needed.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as members of Black, racialized or visible minority communities, Indigenous Peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2S+, and people of different abilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
If you are interested in applying on this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all those who take the time to apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
- Criminal and Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Proof of professional registration.
Learn more at: www.saifsociety.ca Email us at: email@example.com