We have an exciting permanent full time opportunity for an experienced Neuropsychologist to join the Interior Health team located at the Hillside Centre in Kamloops, B.C.
What will you work on?
This position is responsible for providing specialized neuropsychological services, including assessment, individual and group therapy, treatment planning and behaviour management interventions for the assigned clinical practice area(s). In addition to direct service provision, the Neuropsychologist contributes to ongoing quality improvement, program development, evaluation, and research. The position supports a multidisciplinary and collaborative approach to service delivery within the continuum of Allied Health
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides specialized neuropsychological assessment services to assigned clients/patients, utilizing standardized and evidenced based interview and assessment procedures, including cognitive, social/emotional/personality, academic, vocational, and behavioural assessments.
2. Within a bio/psycho/social treatment model and working as part of a multidisciplinary team, incorporates psychological assessment results with the broader treatment plan.
3. Provides evidenced based (including behavioural and cognitive-behavioural) individual short-term therapy/counseling interventions within the assigned clinical practice area(s).
4. Provides evidenced based group therapy services within the assigned clinical practice area(s), along with consultation and supervision to group programs as required/directed.
5. Provides direction and leadership to other members of the multidisciplinary team around appropriate utilization and evidence-based treatments.
6. Collaborates with the BC Neuropsychiatry program and, where appropriate, provides neuropsychological services and consultation to assigned clients/patients.
7. Provides clinical supervision to psychology students and interns as required/directed.
8. Engages in continuing competency activities consistent with requirements of the College of Psychologists’ of British Columbia.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned
Shift types for this position are days and shift times are from 08:30 to 16:30 hours.
About this location
Hillside Centre is a 44 bed facility located on the Royal Inland Hospital campus. Services are provided to both adults and elderly individuals with acute illness and/or severely dysfunctional behaviours who cannot be cared for in the psychiatric system in their own area. The focus is on diagnosis and stabilization with rehabilitation strategies to promote stabilization and reintegration into the community to return home.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health… What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
• Ph.D. in Psychology or equivalent from a university or school recognized by the College of Psychologists’ of British Columbia, with an approved pre-doctoral internship in neuropsychology.
• Current registration with the College of Psychologists’ of British Columbia (or eligible for registration).
• Five years recent related experience in neuropsychology in the assigned clinical practice area(s).