Company Overview: Your Calgary Psychologist is a private practice in Southeast Calgary specializing in assessment and therapy for children, adolescents, and young adults, as well as parenting consultation services. Our practice operates out of a beautiful and bright office space in Lake Bonavista, where we work alongside a family medical practice and walk-in clinic, pharmacy, and group of other allied health professionals (acupuncture, massage therapy). More information about our practice and our team can be found at www.yourcalgarypsychologist.ca
Position Overview: We are seeking a registered psychologist to join our team as a part-time contractor with a primary focus on providing therapy. There is opportunity to grow your caseload to full-time hours, if desired.
- Offer complimentary 15-minute consultation calls to patients and families.
- Conduct therapy intake assessments and develop and implement individualized treatment plans based on assessment findings and patient needs.
- Provide evidence-based therapeutic interventions to children, adolescents, and young adults between 5 – 21 presenting with a variety of concerns including ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, anxiety, behavioural issues, depression, and obsessive compulsive disorder.
- Provide evidence-based parenting consultation.
- Qualified practitioners will also have the option to accept referrals for psychoeducational assessments if interested, though this is not a core responsibility of this position.
Our Ideal Candidate Will:
- Provide an exceptional level of service to patients and families, going above and beyond when the situation calls for it.
- Embody a comprehensive and holistic approach to psychological care, collaborating with parents, caregivers, teachers, school counselors, and physicians as needed.
- Flexibly adapt sessions to accommodate the needs of the child, adolescent, and family.
- Be dynamic, engaging, and able to capture the attention of our younger patients.
- Feel confident working with challenging behaviours.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records and documentation in accordance with ethical and legal standards.
- Stay current with best practices and research in the field of child and adolescent psychology.
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in psychology.
- Full registration, in good standing, with the College of Alberta Psychologists. Unfortunately, we are not currently able to accept applications from provisionally registered psychologists unless you expect to be fully registered by February 2024.
- Demonstrated interest in, and experience working with children, adolescents, and families.
- Strong case conceptualization skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Additional certifications or training in the evidence-based assessment and/or treatment of children with obsessive compulsive disorder, tic disorders, trauma history, and/or autism spectrum disorder are not required but would be definite assets.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation as an independent contractor.
- Administrative support for patient inquiries, scheduling, and billing.
- Use of a beautifully furnished office space with big windows and lots of natural light.
- Flexible schedule and the ability to work from home depending on the needs of your caseload.
- Access to our practice management software (Jane) for virtual sessions, scheduling, documentation, and billing.
Schedule: This is an independent contractor position with flexible scheduling options and the ability to work from home part-time. To start, we are looking for someone willing to see up to 10 patients per week virtually and/or in clinic (or approx. 2 – 3 days/week depending on practitioner preference), with the ability to add additional days as your caseload grows. Applicants must be available and willing to work at least one evening per week in clinic.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample (redacted therapy intake assessment, psychoeducational assessment report, or treatment summary) to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until December 15, 2023.