Ascend Pediatrics is expanding and has an opening for a Registered Psychologist! Ascend Pediatrics specializes in providing clinical, in-home, or community support to families as well as pediatric assessments! This unique position will allow you to expand your skills of working as an individual and a part of a multidisciplinary team, ranging from SLP, OT, PT and Assistants. Ascend Pediatrics values supporting families where they are at and supporting them in community engagement, social thinking, positive relationships, emotional regulation, behavioural supports, mental health supports and so much more! With a flexible schedule and multiple opportunities to grow in your pediatric skills you can expand in so many different ways! At Ascend we provide programming that supports the growth and development of children within a child centered environment through play-based learning.
We are able to offer flexible scheduling (days, evenings and weekends) and an inviting environment. At this time, we are open to discussing scheduling and caseload numbers with the chosen candidate! If you are interested in both behavioural consultation and assessment this would be an excellent opportunity for you!
- Complete Intake evaluations and discuss strengths and challenges for the child and their family.
- Evaluate functional status and environmental factors within the home and community.
- Establish treatment goals and prioritize areas of need with the family.
- Implement treatment goals and be a strong communicator with the team members about collaborative functional goals
- Client documentation and reports will be required within the treatment program.
- Support the implementation of positive behavioural support strategies/program through coaching and modeling
- Provide assessments/screenings for referrals and diagnosis
The Ideal Candidate:
- Be comfortable working independently, as well as within a multidisciplinary team
- Show strong time management skills and flexibility within scheduling
- Experience working with children of different ages and developmental needs
- Available for after school sessions with families and team members
- Experience completing pediatric assessments such ADOS, WPPSI-IV, WISC-V, BASC-3, Bayley-4, Vineland, etc.
- Knowledge of sensory & self-regulation for children with complex mental health needs and challenging behaviours
- Masters degree in Psychology and currently registered with the College of Alberta Psychologists.
- Carry valid Professional Liability Insurance
- Familiarity with the Canadian Code of Ethics for Psychologists, Code of Professional Conduct, Principles of Psychological Testing, Family Enhancement Act, Mental Health Act, Persons with Disabilities Act
- Experience and knowledge of the FSCD programming is considered an asset.
- Prior experience providing interventions to diverse groups of children, youth and emerging adults, with a variety of emotional, behavioural, social and learning needs is considered an asset.
Salary: $125.00-$187.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability