For more than forty years, Foothills Academy Society in Calgary, AB has offered a specialized school, as well as a wide-range of Community Services for young people with learning and attention issues. We have an opening for a Registered Provisional Psychologist to work as a member of our Counselling Psychology team, starting on September 1, 2023. The successful individual will be a valued member of our team, and would work with clients, families, and colleagues in a collaborative, strengths-based manner.
- A Registered Provisional Psychologist with the College of Alberta Psychologists
- Possess a graduate degree in Counselling Psychology and experience working with children and adolescents, as well as their families
- A self-motivated individual with a strong desire to collaborate with colleagues in order to learn and grow their knowledge and skill-set.
This position includes free individual and group clinical supervision with Dr. MacMillan, with a commitment until the completion of the registration hours with the College of Alberta Psychologists. The role is composed of two parts:
- Provide individual and family counselling services to a caseload of Foothills Academy students with diagnosed Learning Disabilities and comorbid disorders (such as ADHD) in grades 3 – 12, who are referred to counselling for support in relation to a wide-range of issues, including anxiety; depression; social struggles; parent-child conflict; struggles with self-understanding; and LGBTQ journeys. Members of the Counselling Team provide consultation to teaching staff; school administration; and other professionals. This portion of the role is compensated this a monthly stipend (for 32 hrs/week, over 4 days) during the school year (September thru June).
- There are year-round opportunities to also provide counselling to a caseload of youth, adults, and families from the broader LD/ADHD community on a fee-for-service basis.
Please submit a resume with a cover letter and the names of three professional references to: Dr. Karen MacMillan, R. Psych, Executive Co-Director, Foothills Academy Society at email@example.com