Psychologist II (Psychology Consultant)
We are seeking an individual with a clinical, counseling or rehabilitation psychology background for the position of Psychologist II). Our workers experience a variety of work-related psychological injuries and symptoms which occur as a direct result of a workplace incidents or result from the emotional impact of a physical injury or treatment.
- Psychological consultation to other WCB departments and personnel to assist in the management of claims, including providing verbal and written opinions regarding diagnosis, relationship between symptoms/diagnosis and the work-related injury, fitness for work, and recommendations for assessment, treatment, and return to work.
- Review of longer-term treatment plans to provide recommendations to claim owners and community service providers.
- Critical Incident Intervention.
- Collaboration with WCB contract managers to inform of performance issues with contracted psychological service providers including provision of feedback to providers on clinical and contractual issues.
- May have some involvement in WCB committee work related to management of psychological injuries to assist in the development of best practice guidelines including input into policy/procedure. Provide in-services to the WCB as required.
- Works as a member of team of psychological consultants, psychological assistants, and referral expeditors, providing support and guidance to all team members.
The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. or Psy. D., in Psychology, registration in good standing with the College of Alberta Psychologists and completion of an internship from a Canadian Psychological Association accredited facility or equivalent. Significant experience in assessment and treatment of a variety of disorders is required.
Salary: Grade H8 ($100,008.24 – $130,173.60/annum) (In accordance with the Collective Agreement with HSAA)
Note: A flexible part-time work arrangement may be considered. Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a security clearance.
Closes: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Please apply online please visit www.wcb.ab.ca/about-wcb/careers/