We are currently seeking a part-time (15-25 hrs/week) contracted therapist to provide trauma-informed treatment for clients recovering from motor vehicle accidents. This position will require experience in working with or supporting stabilization, resourcing, and trauma reprocessing.
Full administrative support provided for coordinating appointments and communication among all treatment providers, in addition to frequent consultation support for charting and report completion (assessment of concerns/symptoms, progress, treatment goals, and treatment recommendations).
This position will likely expand into providing services for other client populations / concerns (e.g., insomnia, anxiety, burn-out, grief and loss, childhood trauma, life transitions, depression, suicidal ideation and risk management, racial trauma / discrimination, bi-cultural parenting / family difficulties, etc).
This is not an employee position.
Preferred shifts would be late afternoon, evenings, and weekends.
Potential candidates will have expertise in the areas of trauma, complex trauma, anxiety, depression, and interest in developing experience working with motor-vehicle accident recovery and workplace injury recovery (regular supervision and consultation will be available).
As a psychological wellness clinic, our therapists help people to “Heal, Grow, and Thrive!”
Our team of therapists not only support clients through difficulties related to anxiety and depression, but also offer specialized support in healing from trauma (e.g., childhood, adulthood, motor vehicle accidents, work-injury), in coping with loss by suicide or another unexpected death, learning to manage bipolar illness, and to overcome insomnia and sleep difficulties.
We help the people of our community to learn to live a life with ease by supporting clients through our process of Heal, Grow, Thrive!
Our Core Values:
- Supportive Care – To support clients in healing, growing, and thriving
- Authenticity & Heart Connection – At PsychSolutions we use empirically validated approaches for treatment through a heart-based, compassionate, and authentic connection with clients
- Be a Team Player – We believe in collective effort and mutual support in personal and clinic goals.
Benefits of Working at PsychSolutions:
- Full-time wrap-around admin support (which means you won’t have to spend your time doing anything that would take you away from what you’re best at – developing treatment plans and providing therapy!). Admin will manage all emails, requests, form submissions, formatting and issuing of reports, appointment bookings, and coordination of treatment tasks.
- Regular in-house supervision and consultation
- Flexible schedule with opportunity to build a full-time caseload (min: 3 days/week – 5 clients/shift)
- Competitive rate for all services provided
- Non-EAP based referrals
- Referrals from a Waiting List
- Comprehensive and user-friendly online booking system
- Easy to use video system for virtual appts and encrypted online software system for clinical notes
- Collegial atmosphere in building with over 15 professionals
- A highly professional two-story work environment with comfortable interior design, private staff kitchen, three washrooms, two waiting rooms, and ample free parking
- Easily accessible West Edmonton location with on-site parking
Additional Qualifications & Skills:
- The ideal candidate has a Masters degree and qualifies as a provisional psychologist in Alberta or is Registered with the College of Alberta Psychologists
- Current licensure and professional liability insurance for Alberta (can live and work outside of Edmonton)
- Training and/or certification in EMDR
- Training in advanced EMDR and Ego-state work (or willingness to obtain)
- Experience working with indigenous and/or immigrant populations would be an asset
- Experience or willingness to gain experience treating MVA-Injury
- Ability to write concise and meaningful reports so stakeholders can easily understand the significance of findings and recommendations
- Excellent organizational skills
- A desire for continued self-improvement, willingness to self-reflect, and able to maintain a healthy work-life balance
- In addition to submitting a resume and cover letter: Please complete the Big 5 Personality Test (https://www.123test.com/personality-test/) and share your results during the interview process.
Please submit resumes and inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org