Little Warriors is a national charitable organization focused on the awareness, advocacy, prevention and treatment of child sexual abuse.
Little Warriors is offering an exciting new position for a Registered Psychologist at our Be Brave Ranch. The Ranch offers a trauma-informed, clinically proven program combining evidence-based and other therapies for children ages 8-12 and teen girls 13-16 years of age from across Canada.
|This position reports to the Clinical Director and works collaboratively with the Clinical Team.
The position is part of a multidisciplinary team working with sexually abused children and youth at the Be Brave Ranch. Clinical presentations may include developmental trauma, depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, anger, family system issues, and low self-esteem. Using individual and group therapy in a range of clinical modalities, this position will work to promote optimum mental and emotional health in a holistic and facilitative way. This position will provide leadership and guidance to ensure quality programming and care for children and youth.
- Participate collaboratively in a trauma-informed, culturally sensitive, gender informed, intensive treatment program.
- Oversee the gathering of all information and documentation required for intake and admission day process.
- Assist the Clinical Director to ensure all clinical as well as scientific research data is ethically gathered
- Perform professional clinical and standard psychometric assessments as needed
- Ensure that clinical outcome evaluation tools are used and all required program/organization evaluations are completed in a timely manner.
- Assess clients for risk of suicide and other forms of self/other harm daily.
- Respond to emergency situations which may include suicide or self-harm or harm to others.
- Provide a psychological assessment/case conceptualization for each client and present to multi-disciplinary team.
- Establish a collaborative relationship with the children and youth, staff, parents/guardians and secure a safe therapeutic environment.
- Plan and provide evidence based clinical interventions (individual, family dyad, group, and/or family interventions).
- Create individualized therapeutic goals with each individual client and maintain a Care Plan within the timelines directed by the Be Brave Ranch.
- Comfort in conducting individual and group evidence based therapies.
- Prepare reports and maintain and update each client’s file.
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to the client’s treatment.
- Monitor each client’s use of medications.
- Participate in case conferences on each client’s behalf and liaise with community therapists, attorneys, school staff, and other professionals.
- Collaborate and consult with other staff regarding the client’s recreation activities.
- Develop and execute therapeutic specific themed program days.
- Gather and provide information on appropriate community resources for parents/guardians to maintain continuity of care.
- Ensure appropriate referrals are made for clients to community resources as necessary.
- Attend Little Warriors community events, as requested by Clinical Director.
- Maintain ongoing personal and professional development.
- Complete administrative tasks which may include filing, record completion and data collection when requested.
- Support staff in compassions fatigue support on weekly basis; ensure program is running efficiently and staff wellness is monitored.
- Evaluate therapeutic outcomes.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree is required.
- Registered with good standing in association of respective field and must be able to provide Psychosocial Interventions.
- 5+ years related experience in counselling/therapeutic role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess initiative, creativity and strong skills in problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making.
- Must understand and have experience working with developmental trauma.
- Must be trauma-informed, self-reflective and a positive clinical team member.
- Experience with research is considered an asset.
Interested applicants should submit their CV to: Laurie Szymanski, CEO [email protected] .
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on Little Warriors, visit our website at www.littlewarriors.ca.