Positive Behavior Support, Inc. is a private practice organization that serves children, youth, and adults with developmental differences and behavior disorders. We are currently seeking a part-time Provisional Psychologist to support our practice and develop a niche skill set that will place you in high demand.
While you will work out of a home office, you will support students in schools as well as adults in residential homes. Services will be conducted in-person as well as virtually. Expected activities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA).
- Data collection, analysis, and recommendations.
- Writing and reviewing behavior support plans.
- Observing students in schools, and adults in residential care or in the community.
- Providing consultation on best-practice approaches to teaching new skills and responding to challenging behaviors.
- Collaborating with teachers and educational support staff, residential support staff, as well as clients’ families.
- An assortment of administrative tasks such as scheduling, attending, and note taking during meetings and debriefs.
- There may be some need for standardized assessments or counselling, but these opportunities are limited.
We commonly serve individuals with a variety of differences including, but not limited to, autism, ADHD, OCD, ODD, anxiety, intellectual impairments, dementia.
We tend to serve rural communities surrounding the Edmonton area and north. For example, communities such as Jasper, Cold Lake, Westlock, St. Paul, Athabasca, Vegreville, Fort McMurray, as well as Yellowknife (NWT). While you may not be on the traveling every week, expect that you will be several times per month.
- Have completed a Master’s degree and be eligible for Registration.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental and/or behavior disorders.
- Have access to a reliable vehicle, and be able to travel throughout the Province.
- Be able to use air travel to northern locations (e.g., Fort McMurray).
- Spend 2 or more nights in a hotel while traveling.
Paid expenses include: travel time, mileage, hotel, meals, airfare.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]