Firefly Counselling - Contract Psychologist (or Provisional) - Edmonton
Firefly Counselling and Consulting is looking for a contract Registered Psychologist to work with adults (and possibly older teens). Strong couples therapy skills are considered an asset. Hours include daytime, evenings and weekends. Hours would begin as part-time position with potential to build to full-time depending on clinician desire and retention rates.
We are seeking a psychologist who has training in (or willingness to actively seek training and supervision in) one or more of these therapeutic approaches:
• Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
• Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
• Motivational Interviewing
• Marriage and Family Therapy
Firefly Counselling is a recognized mental health service provider for First Nations Non-Insured Health Benefits / Residential Schools Program programs. Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate experience working with First Nations populations.
While Firefly Counselling offers therapy for a wide range of mental health concerns, we are particularly noted for our work with couples counselling / communication, trauma, anxiety, stress, eating disorders, and addictions. If you have an interest in these areas, or you have training or interest in a complimentary treatment area, you may be a good match for this position.
Firefly Counselling offers:
• An active, growing practice
• Fully furnished offices with picture windows overlooking a green space
• We provide all the marketing / clients, office supplies, and supportive technology (e.g. tappers for EMDR)
• State of the art online booking system with client reminder features
• Access to a comprehensive set of psychometric tools for clinicians interested in psychometric assessment
• The clinician may use electronic or written notes based on their preference
• Firefly may market to build an additional client base of clinical interest to you
• The support of the core clinical colleagues each with 15+ years of practice experience
• Competitive compensation
• Possibility for supportive funding and/or payment arrangements to attend training workshops in the areas of Firefly treatment focus.
Please visit https://www.fireflycounselling.ca/clinician-openings/ for additional information.
Please submit your CV and cover letter attention, Karin Lord, to email@example.com using words “position application” in the subject line.