4-Day Intensive Workshop in Prolonged Exposure for PTSD - Feb. 13-16, 2020 - Edmonton, AB
The Centre for Posttraumatic Stress & Anxiety Treatment is pleased to announce a four-day intensive training workshop in Prolonged Exposure (PE) Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.
• Assessment, diagnosis and psychopathology of PTSD;
• Empirically-supported psychotherapeutic treatments for chronic PTSD and their comparative efficacy;
• Emotional Processing Theory and its relation to PE;
• Implementation of the components of PE, including psychoeducation, breathing retraining, in vivo exposure to trauma reminders, imaginal exposure to trauma memories, and processing of exposures;
• Identification and management of obstacles to effective emotional processing, including avoidance, over-engagement, and under-engagement;
Video vignettes will illustrate the various components of PE, and participants will have an opportunity to practice selected interventions in pairs during break-out sessions.
Licensed mental health professionals or those working under the supervision of a licensed mental health professional. Previous training and experience with cognitive-behavioural therapy is advised.
Dates: February 13-16, 2020
Times: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (breakfast & sign-in 8:00 – 8:30 a.m.)
Cost: $1,200.00 plus G.S.T.
Cost includes the Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD Therapist Guide and Workbook, hard copies of workshop slides and assessment materials, and a certificate of completion from the Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety at the University of Pennsylvania. A light continental breakfast and morning and afternoon refreshments will be provided each day.
Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT)
Productivity and Innovation Centre, Room PIC 234
10210 Princess Elizabeth Ave NW,
Edmonton, AB T5G 0Y2
Registration: Online at www.cpsat.ca
Deadline February 1, 2020
Space is limited to 32 participants
Cancellation: Fees are fully refundable (less an administration charge of $50
plus G.S.T.) for
cancellation requests received prior to February 1, 2020.