CASA Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health
Mental Health Therapist – School Age Services
Position Details: 1.0 FTE, In-Scope
Competition Number: 19-082(please quote when applying)
Closing Date: Open until a suitable applicant is found
Looking for an exciting clinical position helping with children and adolescents with complex mental health issues? Want to work with a multi-disciplinary team including Speech-Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, Child Psychiatrists, Nurse(s), Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers and more? Do you want to have training and support opportunities that will leave you feeling valued and energized in the clinical field with children, adolescents and families? Then we have the position for you!
The Mental Health Therapist will assess and treat complex patients and their families in an outpatient clinical environment using a broad range of therapeutic skills. The therapist works closely with other CASA staff and physicians to deliver high quality bio-psycho-social interventions in individual, group and family settings. The therapist functions as a team member and collaborates with other community agencies and programs to deliver care in a trauma -informed family-centered manner.
CASA is a learning organization. CASA provides many opportunities with a focus on evidence-based practices and innovation. Come and join the team!
- Graduate degree in Psychology or Social Work (psychosocial intervention designation is required), or a Graduate degree in Occupational Therapy or Nursing with a strong Mental Health background
- Must be a member in good standing with their respective professional association/college.
- Experience assessing and treating mental health disorders including childhood trauma and maltreatment.
- Experience working in diverse cultures.
- Previous experience in an ambulatory setting/program that provided bio-psycho-social interventions.
- A commitment to best practice and knowledge of evidence-informed mental health treatment services.
- An ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
$38.52 - $49.43 per hour depending on education and experience
CASA’s benefit plan which includes life insurance, short term and long term disability, extended health and dental benefits and a registered pension plan are available after 90 days.
We appreciate your interest in CASA Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health. However, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. CASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. CASA is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Only those candidates permissible to work in Canada are applicable to this position.
Submit your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org