1 Permanent Part-time Counselling Psychologist
We are looking for someone who both possesses strong clinical skills and also an interest in supporting the development of the next generation of Psychologists. They will demonstrate creative problem-solving, decision making skills. This individual can create opportunities for growth and is not afraid of change. They will be encouraged to further their area of competency, and fulfilling other areas of interests in providing groups, workshops, community outreach, and supervision.
Start Date: ASAP
Wednesdays 9:00am - 5:00pm; Thursdays 1:00pm - 9:00pm
Direct Client Services
- Able to develop and implement effective and appropriate therapeutic goals, strategies and techniques that best meet the clients’ needs
- Conduct themselves in accordance with the program’s philosophies of accessibility, respect for multi-cultural differences, feminist ideology and trauma-informed approach.
- Has experience providing crisis intervention services (e.g. suicide risk assessments and safety plans)
- Facilitate psychotherapy groups
- Provide training and supervision of practicum students, and volunteer counselors, Provisional Psychologists*
- REQUIRED: A Registered Psychologist, in good standing with the College of Alberta Psychologists
- REQUIRED: A minimum of three years of clinical experience as a Registered Psychologist and a minimum of five years of directly related experience.
- Doctoral degree in Counselling Psychology is strongly preferred
- Possess experience in the area of family violence and trauma
- Experience working with minors and families an asset.
- Able to facilitate psychotherapy and/or psychoeducational groups
- Able to supervise student volunteers, practicum students and Registered Provisional Psychologists (*minimum 5 years R Psych experience will be required in order to supervise provisional psychologists)
Checks & Insurance:
- Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check & Youth Intervention Check
- Must carry a minimum of $2 Million in professional liability Insurance.
How to apply:
- Please indicate your date of registration with the CAP
- Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.