Details 0.6 FTE, Permanent, In
Competition Number 20-003 (please quote when applying)
Closing Date Open until a suitable applicant is found
The Infant and Preschool Home Visitation Services Program (IPS – Home Visitation) is an outreach consultation service provided to Home Visitors serving infants and preschoolers ages birth to 5 years and their families. In this role, you will provide mental health consultation to some Home Visitation programs in the Edmonton Region including Stony Plain, Leduc, Sherwood Park and the Millwoods area of Edmonton. The majority of your time will be spent in community. In this position, you will assist in the early identification of mental health issues in infants and preschool children, expand caregivers’ and home visitors’ knowledge of infant mental health issues, build caregiver and home visitor capacity, and work towards improved service coordination and access to mental health services.
The clinic portion of the role is direct mental health assessment and treatment provided for children aged 0 – 5 years and their families at the CASA Centre site. The role may be individual treatment or may require group treatment in the form of evidence based/informed groups such as: Incredible Years or Circle of Security.
· Master’s degree in Psychology
· Registered Psychologists or Registered Provisional Psychologists
· Two years of recent mental health practice in an ambulatory setting that provided psychosocial intervention to children aged 0 – 5 years and their families.
· A demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team and collaboratively across sectors
· A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Experience assessing and treating issues related to childhood trauma and maltreatment, knowledge of the Children’s Services system and experience working within the community with diverse cultures are assets.
$38.52 - $49.43 depending on education and experience.
Submit your resume email@example.com