The Manitoba Adolescent Treatment Centre (MATC) provides a range of mental health services to children and adolescents who experience mental health and/or emotional disorders. A full continuum of programs and services, both community and hospital based, are available to children, adolescents and their families. Services range from brief interventions to intensive long-term treatment. Treatment is provided from a variety of perspectives and is delivered in partnership with parents and collateral agencies.
Reports to the Director of Psychology. Responsible for a wide range of clinical services with respect to children and youth. Provides clinical services including: psycho-diagnostic assessment, treatment, consultation with internal and external systems, and consultation/supervision and continuing education to students/staff as appropriate. Functions within inter-professional teams.
MATC Psychologists obtain Medical Staff Privileges through the WRHA’s Clinical Health Psychology Program.
· Training and experience in clinical practice with children and youth with a wide range of emotional/mental health problems
· Doctoral Degree (Ph. D or Psy. D) in Clinical Psychology from a CPA accredited doctoral programme
· Registered (or Registerable) as a C. Psych. by the Psychological Association of Manitoba (supervision will be provided for individuals at the C. Psych. Candidate level until fully registered)
Qualifications and Skills
· Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
· Experience working with diverse cultural backgrounds is an asset.
First Nations, Metis, and Inuit candidates are encouraged to apply.
MATC is committed to providing an accessible workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit your CV and your application through the WRHA Careers at the following link: WRHA Careers Website. Visit MATC.ca for a description of services
Further information, contact:
Garry Fisher, Ph.D., C.Psych
Director, Youth Forensic Services
Gfisher@matc.ca / 204-958-9657 / 204-958-9650