Alberta Counselling Centre - Two Contract - Registered or Provisional Psychologist positions - Calgary
The following flexible contract opportunities are available at Alberta Counselling Centre (ACC):
1. Registered psychologist or provisional psychologist who is trained and experienced in EMDR.
- Be able to offer 1.5, 2, and occasionally 3-hour EMDR sessions to clients;
- Be able to see clients weekdays (1 to 3 days), and some Saturdays and/or evenings;
- Use the 8-phase EMDR protocol, and adapt it to special situations and populations (many scripts and resources are available for therapists to use);
- Be familiar with or willing to learn how to use Neurotek equipment (the light bar) for EMDR therapy.
Familiarity with treatment of MVA victims is an asset; however, we will train suitable candidates.
2. Registered psychologist or provisional psychologist who can provide therapy to children, adolescents, adults, and families for late afternoon and evening appointments.
Candidate Should have training and experience in providing therapy to individuals, couples, and/or families and be able to provide therapy for:
- Children and adults, especially around trauma
- Developmental disability related themes
- Depression and anxiety
- Coping with Illnesses/chronic pain
- Personal or work issues
- Grief and Loss
- Life and Career Transitions
- Sexual Issues and/or gender issues
These contract positions are flexible. Pay is commensurate with experience. Check us out at albertacounselling.ca/ to see if we’re a good fit for you.
Psychologists who are interested in the EMDR position are invited to contact Kari at 587-352-3222, extension #1, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a resume or CV, along with a copy of a basic EMDR training certificate. Kari is also available to answer any questions about these positions and book interviews. We are grateful and appreciate any interest; however, we have a limited amount of time; therefore, only the most qualified applicants will be called and booked for interviews.