KIVA Group offers psychological services to Indigenous communities in northern Alberta. We have provided quality services for many years and we are looking for qualified staff who are interested in finding meaningful personal and professional opportunities. We recruit professionals who are passionate about mental health, have a sense of adventure, and thrive on new challenges. Remuneration is excellent, the work is creative and flexible, accommodation is included and traveling is required.
A counselling psychologist works in a community health centre environment providing tertiary crisis support to clients and collaborates as an important member of a comprehensive health team. Responsibilities include supporting all age groups primarily through individual counselling with the opportunity for family counselling and group presentations on topics such as anxiety and depression.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be a Registered Psychologist in good standing with the College of Alberta Psychologists. Unfortunately, Provisional Psychologists are not eligible to provide service through this contract.
- Experience working with indigenous clients is an asset and cultural awareness is essential.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical counselling experience.
- Approval to provide crisis counselling services from the First Nations and Inuit Health Branch is an asset.
- Clinical experience providing psychotherapy to individuals, couples or both.
- Must be able to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment.
- Must be able to provide a criminal record check and be able to secure professional liability insurance.
- Ability to travel is essential.
Position: 1 part-time contracted position with commitment of at least 3 full days each week or 5 days every second week.
Compensation: Competitive contract based on years of experience and qualifications. Contract is a daily rate and provided for 1 year with possibility of renewal. Accommodation is provided.
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Thomas Holmes, firstname.lastname@example.org.