Centre For Sleep & Human Performance - Behavioral Sleep Medicine Specialist (BSMS) - Calgary
Behavioral Sleep Medicine Specialist (BSMS)
This position involves communicating with patients, families and the community to educate individuals on sleep disorders, good sleep hygiene, treatment optimization, and methods to improve and monitor compliance with prescribed treatment. The Centre for Sleep and Human Performance is a dynamic, state-of-the-art medical facility and community-based organization devoted to the expert evaluation, diagnosis and management of sleep disorders.
- Deliver an individualized, patient-centered behavioral sleep medicine program.
- Employ concepts of health behavioral change models to enhance patient instruction.
- Collaborate closely with the Medical Director, Centre physicians and other health care professionals to support an integrative approach to sleep medicine.
- Assess patient compliance and quality assurance to improve clinical outcomes.
- Assist patients in eliminating barriers to care to maximize their quality of life
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills; public speaking would be an asset.
- Expertise and experience in counselling and teaching: cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, mindfulness-based stress reduction, stress management, as well as, a strong meditation practice is essential.
- Knowledge of sleep disorders and various treatment options.
- Knowledge of sleep tests/tools used to diagnosis, evaluate and monitor sleep disorders; maintain knowledge of clinical care trends and standards of practice.
- Mature, committed and adaptable individual with strong work
- Superior performance; exceeds all measures of the role
- Excellent decision-making and critical thinking skills both clinically and professionally
- Current registration/licensure-Psychologist/ Social worker/ Counsellor, Naturopathic doctor, Allied Health Care Professional, RN. Masters, PhD or post-graduate degrees considered only.
- Maintain current CPR
- Clear criminal record check (less than 3 months old)
Please submit resume, cover letter stating expected salary/hourly range, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all Applicants for their interest. Only Applicants who have fulfilled the above requirements and are selected for an interview will be contacted by the Hiring Manager.