DMSCC - Child and Family Trauma Counsellor (Clinical Psychologist) - Cold Lake
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Child and Family Trauma Counsellor will be responsible for providing clinical support to mothers, youth and children participating in the DMSCC Second Stage Housing program for women and their children fleeing domestic violence. This will include a variety of treatment modalities (individual, family, group) as clinically appropriate. The Child and Family Trauma Counsellor will demonstrate strength-based counseling skills and have excellent organizational and communication skills.
The successful candidate will provide individual, family and group counselling as clinically appropriate and provide evidence-based treatment to women, adolescents and children who have experienced or been exposed to domestic violence. This includes developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating a case plan with clients, and providing assessment, treatment planning and implementation, and participate in discharge planning. The incumbent will also assist in assessing client needs and make recommendation to DMSCC staff team.
• Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology, Counselling or Social Work (clinical specialization)
• Current registration with a recognized professional college or association in Alberta is required.
• Training in evidence-based modalities for children, adolescents, adults and families required.
• Experience in EMDR, Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Structural Family Therapy.
• Minimum 3 years of clinical work.
• Experience working with domestic violence and trauma recovery, stress management, crisis intervention, and cross-cultural issues.
• Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional client-centered service and care.
• RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and Intervention Record Check.
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license free from restrictions.
The position is a permanent full-time (40 hours/week) job opportunity. $68,900 base rate per annum to a maximum of $107,500, plus benefits and pension contributions as defined by Board policy. Rates above the base rate will be considered based on assessment of the successful candidate’s education, skills, previous experience and other factors.
For a complete job description, please visit our website: https://dmscc.ca/career-opportunities/
Please submit resumes to:
Cindy Yang, Human Resources
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.