Position Details 0.4 FTE, In Scope, Permanent
Competition Number 19-009
Closing Date Open until a suitable candidate is found
The Family Therapist promotes the mental health and well-being of children and families by providing timely family assessment and treatment services to preschoolers, children, adolescents and their families. The Family Therapist practices according to the training and code of ethics of their specific discipline, and applies the principles of evidence-based practice to all aspects of his or her work.
CASA is a learning organization. CASA provides many opportunities with a focus on evidence-based practices and innovation. Come and join the team!
• Provides clinical family therapy services to a caseload of children and families
• Conducts comprehensive family assessments based on the model for the CASA Family Therapy program.
• Formulates a diagnosis as appropriate using the DSM V or any other diagnostic tool currently in general use in the program.
• Develops and implements treatment plans using a variety of treatment approaches focused on family therapy.
• Actively participates in Family Therapy Reflecting Team.
• Conducts case management functions including convening case conferences, and liaising with CASA therapists and psychiatrists, community services and other professionals involved with the child and family (especially education, social services, justice and health).
• Graduate degree in Psychology. Candidates must be registered with their regulatory body and remain in good standing.
• Excellent assessment and treatment skills in the field of family therapy.
• Strong grasp of the principles of evidence-based practice in family therapy.
• Respect for other disciplines and an ability to work collaboratively with diverse interest groups.
• Practical experience in a children’s mental health treatment setting with a speciality in family therapy.
$35.17 - $49.43 based on experience