Department: Counselling, Outreach and Education
Hours: Monday – Friday; 35 hours/week Temporary 1 year
Lethbridge Family Services is a private, non-profit organization with more than 350 employees, serving Southern Alberta. We are a highly accredited, charitable agency that is the largest community social services organization in Lethbridge and southwestern Alberta and have been operating since 1910.
To provide counselling services to individuals, couples, families and groups that represent a wide-range of issues including but not limited to---grief and loss, family violence, sexual violence, child abuse, interpersonal conflict, work-related stress and life transitions; working as a member of a dynamic and skilled counselling team.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Provide individual, couples and group therapy to a diverse caseload of clients.
• Ensure compliance with accreditation and Agency standards and protocols regarding services and client records.
• Consult appropriately with clinical supervisor and program director as required.
• A Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or relevant discipline as well as registration with a professional association.
• Preference will be given to candidates with clinical experience (2 years) particularly in regard to working with people who have experience trauma, including sexual violence, family violence, childhood and family origin abuse.
• Experience with children is preferred.
• The successful candidate will be required to provide a Police Information Check and Child Information Check.
Start date: August 1, 2019
Application deadline: June 17, 2019
Please submit, in confidence, a resume and cover letter referencing job posting COE32 and where you viewed our ad:
Fax: (403) 327-5725
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Lethbridge Family Services is an equal opportunity employer.