Edmonton North PCN - Mental Health Practitioner - Northgate Centre
The Edmonton North Primary Care Network is looking to fill the role of Mental Health Practitioner. Two full-time roles, permanent and temporary (up to 18 months) based out of our Northgate Centre site.
We are looking for a candidate with a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, and/or Psychiatric nursing or a Registered Occupational Therapist. You must have an active professional registration and a minimum of one year’s experience conducting short-term individual and group therapy. The ideal candidate will have strong assessment skills and will value collaboration and sharing new knowledge, ideas and innovations with team members.
Our clinician appointments take place in one of our multiple consult rooms, coordinated by a team of Patient Care Coordinators. Our personal workspaces are in an open concept environment where you will work alongside our large team of Mental Health practitioners and a fantastic multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals.
Your work will include the following:
- Assessing the needs of referred patients to determine relevant treatment plans which may include short-term counselling with a Mental Health Practitioner, and/or referral to group therapy, and/or a referral to an appropriate community agency or regional program
- Counselling patients individually and in a group setting using a range of behavioral techniques such as motivational interviewing, readiness to change, behavioral intentions, self-monitoring, problem solving, goal setting, and others.
- Coordinating care with and/or link patients to other healthcare programs, healthcare providers or other relevant community agencies and resources as appropriate
- Administering metrics and screens to assess effectiveness of treatment
- Providing mental health assessments, individual therapy based on comprehensive treatment plans.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
See our website for more details: http://www.enpcn.com/careers/