Pace a nonprofit organization based in Grande Prairie with locations in several communities in the North West region in Alberta. The Pace Therapy Program provides therapy to children and adults who have experienced historical and or recent sexual trauma.
Pace is seeking a skilled Trauma Therapist for our Sexual Violence Treatment Program. Greater consideration will be given to a candidate who has experience and training in working with children with trauma. YOU MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL TO PEACE RIVER 1 DAY A WEEK.
Fulltime: 35 hours per week or contract position can be discussed for the right candidate.
Start date: As soon as possible
Benefits: As per benefits package
- Masters Degree in Psychology.
- Licensed to practice in Alberta.
- Working Experience in Trauma based counselling.
- Excellent verbal, written skills and proficient computer skills.
- Commitment to Clinical Supervision and Code of Ethics in practice.
- Criminal Record and Child Welfare Intervention check is required.
- Other training that would be helpful prior to hire would be First Aid and CPR, Non-violent Crisis Intervention, ASIST, Cultural Awareness (will provide for the right candidate)
Duties may include:
- To provide ongoing Bio-Psycho-Social assessment of individual client needs by gathering information pertinent to the client’s trauma and how that affects their life functioning.
- To collaborate with client to create individualized therapy goals with evidence based therapeutic interventions.
- To provide individual, group and family therapy, for victims of sexual abuse/trauma, and their supports as required.
- Advocacy for victims of abuse throughout the legal system and community placement process. Ensure confidentiality of client information as per professional ethics.
- Maintain client files according to Pace file audit standards.
- Maintain monthly client statistics.
- Participate in educational programs and staff development activities.
- Attend PACE staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
Salary: $67,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
Please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in the subject line indicate PAA Therapy