The nominations for the 2021 Awards are now open!
PAA wants to recognize excellence in the field, and these recognitions allow us to acknowledge those contributions publicly. The recognitions are given to companies, psychologists, and other individuals through a series of awards annually.
To find out more about our Awards and nominate a peer, follow this link~ PAA Awards.
Lifetime achievement and excellence awards
- Psychologist of the year: is awarded to a PAA member in recognition of excellent work in psychology.
- John G. Paterson Award: is presented to a psychologist or non-psychologist for their exceptional contribution to portraying psychological knowledge to the public through the media.
- Pettifor Lifetime Achievement Award: celebrated a PAA member for outstanding career achievements in, or contributions to, the field of psychology.
- The Juanita Chambers Excellence in Community Service Award: in recognition of important work in advancing psychological health through service to the community
- Excellence in Clinical Supervision Award: is presented to a registered psychologist whose supervising performance is deemed exemplary.
- Excellence in Teaching Psychology Award: in recognition of outstanding psychology teaching in an Alberta Government approved post-secondary institution.
- Undergraduate Thesis Research Award: Awards an undergraduate student for exceptional thesis research completed and evaluated during the past 2 years.
- Masters’ Thesis Research Award: Recognizes a masters’ level student’s exemplary research thesis completed and defended during the past two years.
- Doctoral Dissertation Research Award: Celebrates doctoral-level students’ impressive dissertation research completed and defended during the past year.
- PAA Behavioural Science Award: The best senior project is given to demonstrate insight into the psychological study of behaviour, emotion, and/or cognition.
- Psychologically Healthy Workplace: in collaboration with the APA, which are designed to recognize organizations for their efforts to foster employee health and enhancing organizational performance. Alberta applicants get assistance with their application from the PAA Public Education & Workplace Wellness Committee.
2021 award winners will be recognized at the Annual Banquet in October in Calgary.
The Nominations close on 30 April 2021