Benefits & Services
A membership with PAA provides many benefits, including: special rates for professional liability insurance, discounts for goods & services, access to practice advisors, continuing education opportunities, and awards.
As PAA is the voice of, and for, psychology in Alberta, membership will ensure your interests are represented to government, service providers, and the public.
PAA is proud to assist with the following
Advancing Your Professional Identity
- Connects, understands, and supports psychologists, students, and affiliates
- Advocate for psychology & its consumers
- Defend scope of practice
- Enhance psychologists’ opportunities
- Inform the public & media
- Discounted, accredited, & responsive continuing professional development opportunities (http://psychologistsassociation.ab.ca/site/continuing_education_4)
- Recognition & awards (http://psychologistsassociation.ab.ca/site/paa_awards)
- Newsletters, Psymposium, & member advertising rates
- Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Opportunities to network, to get involved, & to shape the profession
- referral service with link to own website (full members)
- access to practice advisors (full members)
- discounted professional liability, home/auto, & office insurance
- discounted rates for goods & services
Specifically for students…
- support through the transition from student to psychologist
- Special Continuing Professional Development Rates
- Student research awards & presentations
- Post your CV & seek employment
- Network with experienced psychologists
BMS Group Inc.
Exclusive professional liability insurance for members of PAA. This CPAP/CPA BMS program brings a new member-centric perspective to the design and delivery of the psychology insurance program, including significant immediate and long-term benefits to policy holders, and access to pro bono legal services from one of the most highly recognized legal defence firms in medical defence and professional liability in Canada.
This free, confidential legal advice is designed to help avoid or reduce the probability of a claim or complaint and is available to participating members should you have questions related to an actual or potential professional liability claim.
Phone: 1-855-318-6038, or Email: email@example.com
TD Insurance Meloche Monnex Offers PAA members group home and car insurance. You can benefit from special privileges, such as preferred group rates, enhanced coverage and flexible limits.
TD Travel Insurance PAA preferred rate for PAA members who have home or auto insurance.
TD Merchant Solutions Preferred pricing for Psychologists’ Assocation of Alberta Members
Brightsquid Compliant Communications for Healthcare. Brightsquid will build custom workflow automations around your clinic to optimize patient management with faster, more accessible, secure communication
Greenspace supports healthcare professionals with evidence based tools to improve mental health treatment outcomes. Greenspace is offering PAA members free basic service, 50% discount on premium accounts
GoodLife Fitness is pleased to present a corporate incentive to members of Psychologists’ Association of Alberta. Corporate memberships can save our members up to $348 off of the regular individual membership rates.
Lexus of Edmonton is offering preferred pricing to Psychologists’ Association of Alberta, when purchasing a Lexus within Alberta.
Alamo Rent A Car Year-round membership discounts available at more than 550 participation locations, unlimited mileage, wide selection of quality vehicles, up to 10% off discount and 24 hours emergency roadside assistance.
Red Arrow members receive preferred pricing at 5% off all travel.
The Sandman Signature Hotel Edmonton South Offering preferred associated rates from $143 for a King guestrooms.
Sandman Signature Hotels and Sandman Hotels Preferred association rates vary at each hotel, depending on location.
Login Brothers Canada members can purchase psychology books at a 5% discount.